...and why you should too, if you've ever "thought about writing some day."
10. I have stories to tell.
9. My head is so full of ideas, characters, etc., that they'll leak out of my ears if I don't write them down.
8. If I don't write, I'll kick myself in the morning.
7. It's a wonderful escape from politics!
6. Having written feels good.
5. It's a simple and easy way to work out all kinds of issues.
4. Writing is way more fun than housework.
3. I know how to write!
2. My books will (I hope) still be around even after I no longer am!
And the #1 reason is:
1. People actually read what I write and sometimes even let me know they enjoyed it/learned something/laughed/cried/had fun.